01 April 2014

my mild obsession with Catch-22 and WWP

It only took 10k miles!!! 
 Whelp, my license plate fell off today. The metal plate literally tore off the screws. I guess it got whacked with one too many gravel rocks. I'll try to snag a picture in the daylight hours and add it. I'm starting to see the benefits of riding with a friend...ly person ;) If I didn't have someone behind me, my plate would be on a lone backroad. (Thanks again Handsome!) It was beautiful riding weather, so a friend and I rode out through southern Oconee County, past the Iron Horse, visited Elder Mill Bridge, then back to Athens the long way. I'm so glad its spring!

 I was introduced to Catch-22 Gastropub last week. Then I ate there three days in a row. The weather was cold and nasty; And their tomato basil soup hits every perfect spot for that weather. A waitress suggested I try a little goat cheese on top and I'm looking forward to trying it. They had a huge selection of beer, with lots of seasonal rotations. I obviously recommend the soup and grilled cheese. But if you like spicy food- please get the Braised Beef Ramen Noodles and throw in all the hot sauce. (A challenge for you: I finished the whole bowl. All of it.)

 I get to announce that I will be raising funds for the Wounded Warrior Project on my ride to California. Both of my parents were in the military, and many of my friends currently serve or have served. I asked some of them to recommend charities to me, and of those WWP the one that I felt does the most good.  The Wounded Warrior Project helps veterans with visible, mental and emotional wounds. They equip veterans with tools needed to transition back to civilian life. The Project helps veterans with physical injuries resume active lifestyles. They grant financial assistance, and arrange job opportunities. I am really
looking forward to this partnership.

My niece came over and insisted
insisted on putting her boots
next to mine.
 I am starting to plan a kick off party for the fundraiser the night before we leave. A lot more details to follow.

~Amanda Terranova

PS Thank you to whomever left the radiant flowers on my front step. Why no note...?

More links:
Catch-22 Gastropub
Wounded Warrior Project

1 comment: