26 April 2014

"Hey Bulldog"

 I stopped by NPRDucati to pick up some donations for the Wounded Warrior fundraiser this afternoon. It happened to be a demo day... (how convenient right?). After a half of second consideration, I decided to try  the new Monster 1200 (the other tempting option was the Panigale 899, saved for another day ;)


The Monster 1200 on demo day at NPRDucati
 I spend a lot of time on my bike, and I haven't ridden a large number of bikes, so I was a little concerned that I would not ride well. Luckily, the Monster was well trained (and powerful) and she took care of me :) The placement and shape of the tank makes it seem HUGE when you look down on it. It was a good reminder of the power, but it didn't fit well with my long legs. The tank bulged where my legs wanted to rest flat against the tank.

 I left the shop and found a few comfortable, familiar roads. On Malcolm Bridge Rd I passed a small truck where I discovered the difference in power between my Multi and the Monster. Wellington will pick and pass a vehicle pretty quick, but not that quick... not nearly that quick.  I kept it easy through Rays Church Rd (where I found a hilarious and slightly offensive church sign- how am I still surprised by these distasteful signs after so many years in the south?), to Hillsboro Rd, Snows Mill... The Monster was really easy, light and fast through the curves; I didn't have to work hard at all. Turning onto Hwy 78 to head back to the shop


 I nailed the throttle, and discovered  that I was happy to have the bulges on the side of the tank AND what it felt like to ride a wheelie-- coming out of second gear. I bet my smile was a mile wide under my helmet. My Multi just doesn't have the power to do something like that, and thank heaven. Rolling the Monster's throttle put me at WAY-TOO-FAST in second and third. I don't need that speed or power. It was fun. Indescribably, incredibly, indiscriminately fun.

 I forgot how much the wind pulls on you when your bike is missing a windshield. If you want to talk to Paul about test riding the Monster or other Ducs you can contact him here. Paul, I don't think its the right bike for my father. One day I will find one that suits him, but that the 2014 Monster 1200 isn't the one.

I'm off to the islands for the rest of the weekend! Ya'll have fun at Twilight :)



~Amanda Terranova
Follow me on G+: Amanda Terranova
FacebookFromTheRefuge
Twitter: FromTheRefuge
Youtube: Amanda Terranova





           

More Info:
NPRDucati Address: 4071 Mars Hill Rd, Bogart GA 30622

1 comment:

  1. Should a moster appear for Father's Day, I believe it to be the right bike. Wheelie?

    ReplyDelete