14 May 2014

a long way to go :)

 I packed the motorcycle up last night, everything. Yes, I know that it was a little premature because I don't leave for several days. But I wanted to make sure the saddle and tail bags I got would work. Also I am gonna be really busy over the next few days preparing for the Kickoff Party, and at work finalizing things so I can be gone for a few weeks. (Have I told you yet that I have the best boss in the world...? Well, I do :)

 I am happy to report that everything fit :) (derp- except my tablet... I am having trouble deciding which bag to put it in so I can keep it relatively cool and the like, but it doesn't take much space). 


Practice Pack. Everything fit!
 One of the best pieces of advice I got when I was asking around for tips- Make a list and then cross off every other line. This gives you an idea how light you need to pack. Every ounce you weigh your bike down with will reduce your fuel mileage and increase your wind drag.

 Below is a list of everything I am taking. There are a few luxury items, like I dont need a dress and high heels, but I just want them ;) hopefully someone will give me an opportunity to wear them. If not, I will just dress up for a night around a campfire. 

 A few things that got the ax-- s'mores supplies and my digital camera. I have my phone (for pics) and Margie has a GoPro so I decided the camera was surplus... and I am sad to leave the s'mores stuff, but it came down to them or the high heels, and I can buy s'more stuff on the road-- I don't want to be buying shoes (I really don't need any more effing heels). The Gerbing Heated Jacket liner almost got the ax but I really hate to be cold... really, really despise it. 


On my face- a Buff, a
motochick's best option for keeping the helmet hair under control
 There are a few other things I considered bringing, but in the end I decided that there is a Walmart, Dick's Sporting Goods, and mechanic's shop in most towns and cities along the way. If I find out that I am lacking something I can pick it up. (Like a camp stool-- I meant to order one, but I didn't get around to it!)

If you think I'm leaving off something important, let me know! 

On my person:
-Buff
-flashdrive on keychain
-personal protection item 
-protective gear, including my Icon Elsinore Boots, which I LOVE
-sunglasses
-watch
-wrist brace
Bungeed to the bike:
-hammock
-sleeping bag
-sleeping pad
-tarp and rope

Right Saddle Bag:
-batteries
-binoculars
-books
-bungees
-compass
-emergency blanket
-first aid kit w/ rubbing alcohol and meds
-flashlights x4
-Gerbing heated jacket liner and associated wiring
-gloves, leather
-heels, high ;)
-sunscreen
-sandals
-tent stakes
-tire plug kit
-tennis shoes
-WWP handouts
-map with phone numbers and other valuable info

Left Saddle Bag
-camp stove and fuel
-cup
-coffee
-dry box
    -lighters x3
    -tea filters for coffee
    -tampons
    -fishing line and hooks
    -water purification tabs
-helmet bag
-protein bars x2 boxes (I live off that sh*t)
-water bottles x2, collapsible

Tank Bag:
-cell phone and extra battery
-chapstick
-condoms
-ear plugs x10
-head lamp
-kickstand plate
-lighter
-Pit Paste
-playing cards
-tire gauge
-wallet
-wet wipes

Tail bag:
-bandanas/extra Buffs
-chargers, phone & tablet
-clothing
    -dress
    -jeans (one pair other than the ones I will wear)
    -shorts
    -sleep wear
    -socks x3
    -tanks x2
    -tees x2
    -underwear x4
-garbage bags
-journals and writing instruments
-makeup
-postcards
-Scrubba
-toiletries

~Amanda Terranova

Follow me on
Google Plus: Amanda Terranova
Facebook: FromTheRefuge
Twitter: FromTheRefuge
Youtube: Amanda Terranova

Read more about why I chose The Wounded Warrior Project




1 comment: